By Rafal Kuc
Over a hundred recipes to find new how you can paintings with Apache's company seek Server
• increase the best way you're employed with Apache Solr to make your seek engine swifter and extra effective
• care for functionality, setup, and configuration difficulties in no time
• notice little-known Solr functionalities and create your individual modules to customise Solr to your company's needs
• a part of Packt's Cookbook sequence; every one bankruptcy covers a special point of operating with Solr
Apache Solr is a quick, scalable, sleek, open resource, and easy-to-use seek engine. It permits you to advance a qualified seek engine to your ecommerce web site, internet software, or again workplace software program. constructing Solr is straightforward, yet configuring it to get the main from your website is the tricky bit.
The Solr 3.1 Cookbook will make your daily paintings more uncomplicated by utilizing real-life examples that aid you care for the most typical difficulties that could come up whereas utilizing the Apache Solr seek engine. Why waste a while looking the web for options if you may have the entire solutions in a single position?
This cookbook will allow you to get the main from your seek engine. every one bankruptcy covers a unique point of operating with Solr from studying your textual content facts via querying, functionality development, and constructing your personal modules. the sensible recipes can assist you to speedy remedy universal issues of information research, assist you to use faceting to gather information and to hurry up the functionality of Solr. you are going to know about functionalities that almost all rookies are ignorant of, akin to sorting effects by means of a functionality price, highlighting matched phrases, and computing records to make your paintings with Solr effortless and tension unfastened .
This sensible advisor indicates you the way to get the main out of Apache Solr 3.1 with recipes that assist you increase your seek engine's functionality, study information speedy and successfully, and customise the quest server together with your personal modules.
What you are going to study from this book
• Index information in several codecs and forms
• Use the Solr management panel to find the main in general sought for information
• how one can use varied information grouping techniques
• increase your Solr deployment performance
• Create and use your individual Apache Solr modules
• Configure your cache to cater for alterations on your data
• Import facts utilizing the information Import Handler and delta query
• question Solr to go looking for words, type effects through assorted fields, and seek geographical points
• Create new functions that use Solr
• lessen the scale of your index for swifter searching
This booklet is a part of Packt's Cookbook sequence; every one bankruptcy seems to be at a special element of operating with Apache Solr. The recipes take care of universal difficulties of operating with Solr by utilizing easy-to-understand, real-life examples. The e-book isn't really in any respect an entire Apache Solr reference and also you should still see it as a aiding hand whilst issues get tough in your trip with Apache Solr.
Who this ebook is written for
Developers who're operating with Apache Solr and wish to know the way to strive against universal difficulties will locate this publication of serious use. wisdom of Apache Lucene will be an advantage yet isn't required.
Read Online or Download Apache Solr 3.1 Cookbook PDF
Best computer science books
This booklet covers crucial instruments and methods for programming the pix processing unit. delivered to you by means of Wolfgang Engel and an analogous staff of editors who made the ShaderX sequence a hit, this quantity covers complex rendering concepts, engine layout, GPGPU concepts, comparable mathematical ideas, and video game postmortems.
Getting to know Cloud Computing is designed for undergraduate scholars studying to enhance cloud computing functions. Tomorrow's purposes won't survive a unmarried laptop yet can be deployed from and stay on a digital server, obtainable at any place, any time. Tomorrow's program builders have to comprehend the necessities of establishing apps for those digital structures, together with concurrent programming, high-performance computing, and data-intensive platforms.
This article moves a very good stability among rigor and an intuitive method of laptop conception. Covers the entire subject matters wanted by way of machine scientists with a occasionally funny strategy that reviewers came across "refreshing". possible learn and the assurance of arithmetic in all fairness uncomplicated so readers shouldn't have to fret approximately proving theorems.
Synthetic intelligence (AI) is of primary value to modern desktop technology and informatics. recommendations, effects and ideas constructed less than the banner of AI examine haven't in simple terms benefited purposes as diversified as medication and business platforms purposes, yet are of basic significance in components reminiscent of economics, philosophy, linguistics, psychology and logical research.
- Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs (2nd Edition) (MIT Electrical Engineering and Computer Science)
- Computability, Complexity, and Languages: Fundamentals of Theoretical Computer Science (2nd Edition) (Computer Science and Scientific Computing)
- Stories that Move Mountains: Storytelling and Visual Design for Persuasive Presentations
- Autonomic Computing: Concepts, Infrastructure, and Applications
- Microcontroller Based GSM/GPRS Projects: Advanced Microcontroller Projects
Extra info for Apache Solr 3.1 Cookbook
This process is performed to generate link database so that Nutch can index the anchor with the associated pages. The invertlinks command of Nutch command line utility was run with two parameters: ff ff Output directory where the newly created link database should be created Directory where the data segments were written during the crawl process The last command that was run was the one that pushed the data into Solr. This process uses the javabin format and uses the /update handler, so remember to have both of these functionalities configured in your Solr instance.
Id parameter. The second parameter we send tells Solr to perform the commit operation right after document processing. The test file I've created for the purpose of the recipe contains a simple sentence: This is a Solr cookbook. Remember the contents of the PDF file I've created? It contained the word "solr". That's why I asked Solr to give me documents which contain the word "solr" in a field named text. In response, I got one document which matched the given query. To simplify the example, I removed the response header part.
Of course you can run multiple Solr servers, but every one of them would have its own process (actually a servlet container process), its own memory space assigned, and so on. The multicore deployment lets you use multiple indexes inside a single Solr instance, a single servlet container process, and with the same memory space. Following that, we have two cores defined. Every core is defined in its own core tag and has some attributes defining its properties. Like the core home directory (instanceDir attribute) or where the data will be stored (dataDir property).